3 ways to do it at Oasis: shop, donate or take your recycling there
Win with this week’s giveaway
Share your stories, memories and laughs and win this Heritage Month
Update: 21 September 2020
CapeTownMagazine.com is challenging you to share the stories that make you who you are in 10 challenges over 10 days, with incredible prizes up for grabs.
This is how it will work: every day, from 21 September until 30 September, a new #HeritageChallenge will get posted to our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages. For a chance to win that challenge’s prize, you need to share your story relating to the challenge and nominate two friends to do the same.
There will be a new prize every day thanks to our incredible partners WESGRO, Shimansky, Tru-Cape and Table Mountain Aerial Cableway. Here’s a breakdown of the upcoming prizes.
WIN 1 of 6 ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME GETAWAYS WITH WESGRO
There are over 100 small towns across the six regions that make up the Western Cape and WESGRO wants you to discover as many as you can. This is why they are giving away six unique getaway packages, one in each of the Western cape regions; namely Cape Town, Cape West Coast, Cape Winelands, Cape Karoo, Cape Overberg, and the Garden Route and Klein Karoo. Six lucky winners will win a two-night stay for two, including meals and a bucket list activity.
WIN 1 of 2 GOLD DIAMOND RINGS WITH SHIMANSKY
The Table Mountain Ring from Shimansky is the kind of jewellery that gets passed down for generations because of the beautiful story of its origins. The design came to founder Yair Shimansky while flying back to Cape Town from New York, and saw that unmistakable silhouette. The ring is available in rose, yellow and white gold and is encrusted with a whopping 27 diamonds. The 27 diamonds represent the dialing code of South Africa.
WIN A GIFT BOX (PLUS AN iPAD PRO) FROM TRU-CAPE
Tru-Cape, the largest exporter of South African apples and pears, has put together a wonderful gift box that’s perfect for sharing. The hamper is worth R26 985, and includes an iPad Pro and First Ascent jackets. Here’s a quick breakdown of what’s in the hamper:
iPad Pro and cover
2x First Ascent Jackets
2x Cutter Buk Black Golfer
Tru-Cape Recipe book
Apple peeler / corer
Apples in the Early Days of the Cape book
The Newcomers – and their Friends book
WIN 1 of 10 DAILY RIDES WITH TABLE MOUNTAIN AERIAL CABLEWAY
If you become the lucky winner of a cable card, you are getting access to daily return rides for a year on the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway. There are 10 cable cards to be given away.
GIVEAWAY T's & C's
1. One winner will be chosen by random selection for the main giveaway.
2. The competition will close on 30 September 2020 and the winner will be announced on the CapeTownMagazine.com social media.
3. The winner(s) must claim their prize within 48 hours, or a new winner will be selected.
4. Winner must be in Cape Town to collect.
5. The prize is not transferable.
6. By entering this competition and adding your details to this form, you agree to be added to our weekly newsletter database.
7. Please note the following entries are ineligible:
CapeTownMagazine.com direct personnel or related consultants
CapeTownMagazine.com direct personnel or consultants partners or spouses
CapeTownMagazine.com direct personnel or consultants immediate family and immediate family's partners included.
8. The cable card is valid for one year from the date of issue. Missed rides during the 2021 annual maintenance will be credited
9. Ring sizes bigger than O (which is usually unlikely) will not qualify as part of the prize since this means that alterations need to be made to the ring. Winner will then need to pay the difference for resizing.
10. The getaway will be valid for 12 months from announcement. Each getaway prize will include 3 or 4 star accommodation, 3 meals, and an experience for two.
Brush up on your general knowledge with these Table Mountain facts.
Go hunting for wildflowers as the blooms peak with our 2020 guide to the spring flower season.
Plan your next adventure with our list of things to do this weekend.
Don't waste a minute in the city with our list of things you have to do in Cape Town before you die. Keep the kids entertained with these great things to do with kids. And discover the city after dark with these cool things to do at night in Cape Town.