3 cuts of meat, sizzling side dishes + epic mad-scientist experience
Take a quiz, win coffee + tea for a year + winelands trip
Life isn’t fair. But you can be (and win). It takes 2 minutes
Last updated: 15 November 2022
Ever wonder about the people who harvest the products that go into your favourite Chardonnay, or your morning coffee? What are their working conditions like? How old are they? Meet the farmer who grows your favourite beverage by answering 7 questions in this 2-minute quiz. You stand a chance to win great prizes, including an indulgent winelands weekend getaway.
Fairtrade Africa is all about sustainable farming practices and fair conditions and pay for farm workers. Image: Fairtrade
DO YOU KNOW WHAT FAIRTRADE MEANS?
Fairtrade Africa changes the way trade works through better prices, decent working conditions, environmentally sustainable farming practices, and a fairer deal for farmers and workers in developing countries. By choosing Fairtrade products, you can create change through your everyday actions, helping farming communities improve their lives and invest in their future. Find out how in this 2-minute quiz.
Take the Fairtrade quiz and find out more about the people behind your favourite beverage. Image: Fairtrade
TEST YOUR FAIRTRADE AWARENESS + WIN
Taking the Fairtrade quiz will teach you about the people behind the products you love. You’ll also learn some interesting facts, like the minimum wage for farm workers in South Africa and the age of some coffee producers.
Once you’ve completed the quiz, submit your details and you’ll be in line to win a year’s supply of Fairtrade coffee and tea (that’s a nice reduction on your monthly grocery bill).
Plus you’ll be entered into a bigger prize draw to win an all-inclusive winelands weekend getaway, where you’ll be wined and dined with top Fairtrade products and get to know South Africa’s Fairtrade-certified wine producers. Flights for out-of-towners and transfers for Western Cape residents are included, plus accommodation. See more on the giveaway when you take the quiz.
Playing the Fairtrade quiz puts you in line to win a winelands weekend getaway. Image: Fairtrade
WHERE TO BUY FAIRTRADE PRODUCTS IN CAPE TOWN
Make purchases that meet Fairtrade standards, are environmentally friendly and help ensure better prices, working conditions and deals for farmers and workers in developing countries. That means looking out for the Fairtrade label on products like coffee, wine, tea, honey, flowers and chocolate.
Fairtrade products also make great gifts. Here are 7 of our favourite suggestions:
- A bottle of Juno Chenin Blanc, from Faithful to Nature
- A case of mixed white wines (6 bottles) from CyberCellar
- A case of mixed red wines (6 bottles) from CyberCellar
- A bottle of vegan-friendly Merlot from Faithful to Nature
- Rwandan coffee beans from Faithful to Nature
- Organic Indian Chai tea from Faithful to Nature
- Faitrade Organic Rooibos Tea, from Faithful to Nature
Look for the Fairtrade logo on products and make fairer purchases. Image: Fairtrade
Fairtrade Quiz Giveaway Ts&Cs
- No under 18s
- Entrants must reside in SA
- The quiz doesn’t have to be completed to submit an email address
- The quiz can be completed any time between now and January 2023
- Competition closes 6 January 2023
- Winners announced between November 2022 and January 2023
- Winelands getaway is for the winner and a partner
- Winelands getaway includes flights from JHB, DBN, PE
- Winelands getaway includes transport, main meals, accommodation and Fairtrade experiences
- In addition, four lucky entrants will win a year's supply of Fairtrade coffee and tea
- Transfer included for Western Cape residents
- See full T&Cs
TAKE THE QUIZ + WIN
DISCOVER MORE GIVEAWAYS + TIPS