From R200 vouchers and free upgrades, drive away with more value adds
Immerse Yourself in the Beautiful Arts of Tai Chi and Qigong
Join a free Tai Chi session led by an expert and experience the health and healing powers of these ancient art forms
Parents, children, role models, directors, owners and leaders are invited to attend the free annual World Tai Chi and Qigong Day at the Hellenic Community Centre in Mouille Point. Experience Chinese drumming, dragon dancing, talks, meditation and much more in the three-and-half-hour showcase on Saturday 27 April 2019.
You can also join a free Tai Chi session led by Dr Lan from Jing-An Wellness Sanctuary. Discover how the different styles of this ancient art form are benefitting practitioners all over Cape Town and how you can join the wave of wellness.
FULL PROGRAMME AND WHAT TO EXPECT (times subject to change)
- 09:00 am – Teams arrival
- 09:30 am – Teams meeting/final orientation preparation
- 09:35 am – Dragon dancing
- 10:00 am – Chinese drums
- 10:15 am – Talks by host and official/SA World Tai Chi and Qigong day, Dr Michael Lan and Deputy Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China, Mr Cao Li
- 10:30 am – One-minute meditation – All teams on the floor
- 10:35 am – Free indoor Qigong demonstration and participation – Dr Lan
- 10:40 am – ShiBaShouqi Qigong – Jing-an Capetown / Somerset West team
- 10:50 am – Ba Duan Jin Qigong – Johnny Boy Foundation, Grabouw
- 11:00 am – Chinese drums
- 11:10 am – Chen Taiji – Liz Van Heerden team
- 11:25 am – Zhineng Qigong – Body and Mind Factory, Britta Stalling team
- 11:40 am – Break
- 1:50 am – Chinese drums
- 11:55 am – Yang Tai Chi – Kushido Club team
- 12:10 pm – Tai Chi Jian (sword form) – Hua Xing Arts Troupe
- 12:25 pm – Group photo
- 12:30 pm – Closure
The event takes place at the Hellenic Community Centre in Mouille Point. There is an outdoor section with a big, long stoep and a lawn. The indoor section is a large and spacious hall, with sliding doors in the front opening into the stoep. All performances will take place on the floor in front of the audience and there will be some chairs and tables for guests.
The cafe and fully-licensed bar at the Hellenic Community Centre will be open on the day so you can enjoy delicious Greek food and a variety of beverages.
CONTRIBUTE TO WELLNESS
Funds and donations can be donated to the 12 children of the Johnny Boy Foundation from Grabouw. The Johnny Boy group consists of teenagers between 14 and 18 years of age who will perform Qigong on the day.
ATTENDING THE EVENT
There is no charge to attend the event. Those who wish to participate in Dr Lan’s free experimental session, bring along a small towel and a water bottle and wear light and comfortable clothing and comfy, flat-soled shoes. You can contact Clement Lan on +27(0)21 791 0659 or the Hellenic Community Centre on +27(0)21 433 2374.
Supercharge your event? Our Events Support Programme gets results. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 (0)21 422 2444.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of what’s happening in the city, ‘burbs and dorpies. Join our newsletter and get quick access on the go by adding us to your mobile home screen for the ultimate guide to discoveries in Cape Town.
Follow and like us on Twitter ❤ Facebook ❤ LinkedIn ❤ Instagram ❤ Pinterest for updates.