Shop around for unique family products at this moms and tots market
Constantia Winelands Cycle Tour with AWOL Tours
Explore the lush scenery of the Constantia Wine Valley from the seat of a bicycle
What better way to spend a day than by spinning through the oldest wine route in the Cape and indulging in a decadent lunch?
If this sounds right up your alley, you’ll be pleased to know that the experienced guides at award-winning cycling tour company AWOL Tours are way ahead of you and have created a 15-km cycle tour that introduces travellers to the Constantia Wine Valley in all its splendour.
This private tour, which can be customised to suit personal taste and cycling ability, treats cyclists to beautiful winelands scenery and includes visits to three of the wineries that make up the original, historic Constantia Wine Valley. You will also have the chance to stop at the Groot Constantia Manor House and at the Sheikh Abdurahman Kramat (Islamic holy shrine). Depending on time and participants’ interests, the tour can be extended to include an additional 3.5-km ride through the lower part of the Tokai Forest to experience all the colours and scents of the Cape Floral Kingdom.
And of course, a trip to the wine region would not be complete without a sip and swirl session and a gourmet lunch experience, and time is made for both during the excursion (wine tasting is included in the tour fee, but lunch is for participants’ own account).
AWOL is known for its exciting tours and friendly guides and has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence every year consecutively from 2011 to 2015. The trip is inclusive of transport between guests’ accommodation and Constantia (transfers are available from anywhere in Cape Town), making it very easy to enjoy a great day out cycling through the vineyards.
Tour participants are urged to take note of the following:
- The tour generally departs at either 9am or 1pm
- Entrance fees to landmarks and the cost of wine tasting is included in the price of the tour; lunch is for participants’ own account
- The tour can be personalised to suit cyclists’ needs and fitness levels, and the price of the outing will be adjusted accordingly
- When booking, be sure to advise on height so AWOL can ensure the allocation of comfortable and right-sized bicycles
- Participants need to be reasonably fit
- Participants need to wear closed shoes as well as comfortable clothes
- For guaranteed departures bookings need to be made 48 hours in advance (although last-minute bookings are welcome if there is already a tour running)
- Bookings and payments need to be made at least two weeks in advance in the case of group bookings for over six participants
- The company can choose to cancel tours in the event of adverse weather conditions. In the case of cancellation, monies will be refunded or the tour will be postponed (at AWOL’s discretion).
- All tours are subject to cancellation due to adverse weather conditions (in a case of cancellation, monies can be refunded or tour postponed)
Booking and pricing information for the AWOL Constantia Winelands Cycle Tour
Please note that the half day tour price is on a sliding scale from R1400 -valid from 1st Nov 2015 to 31st Oct 2016; and R1600-valid from 1st Nov 2016 to 31st Oct 2017 per person based on two guests travelling, and includes transport to and from accommodation, snacks, bottled water, lunch at a local estate and two wine tasting sessions.. Booking and payment can be done via AWOL’s secure online booking facility, EFT transfer or cash at their offices at the V&A Waterfront Tourism Information Centre.
For booking and information, call +27 (0) 21 418 3803 (office), +27 (0) 83 234 6428 or email [email protected]
Eager to read more about this reputable company? Here’s the 411 on AWOL Tours in Cape Town.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!