Astronomical Society offers high-powered telescopes for everyone to enjoy at the V&A ...
Cape Town By Night: Cool Things To Do After Dark
A roundup of awesome and quirky after-dark activities in Cape Town
Last Update: 16 August 2018
Power off again? It’s probably Eskom. No worries, we’ve handpicked a selection of insanely cool things to do during loadshedding.
1. Live jazz, up-and-coming bands, 2-for-1 burgers, a Falko mural and craft beer straight from the tank to your growler. Check out all the cool new experiences we discovered on a visit to Jack Black’s Brewing Co taproom in Diep River.
10 Brigid Road | Diep River | +27 (0)21 286 1220 | firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Maynardville Open-Air Festival, where you get to enjoy theatre in a glorious green park, runs from January to March 2018. There’ll be symphonies, ballet, comedy and Shakespeare. The show starts at 8pm, and tickets range from R140/p to R220/p.
27 Piers Road | Wynberg park | Wynberg |+27 (0) 021 421 769
3. Electric bicycle company GONOW has group rides for the night-time activities. Or you can hire out the bike for a solo cruise. It’s open from 8am to 9pm daily. Rentals from R100/p an hour, and up to R300/p for three hours to a full day rental.
253 Main Road | Sea Point | Cape Town | +27 (0) 64 393 8231 | email@example.com
4. The Wheel of Excellence at the V&A Waterfront gives you panoramic views of Cape Town when darkness descends. Children and pensioners tickets are R65/p and adults are R160/p. It’s open daily from 11am to 10pm.
Dock Road | Waterfront | Cape Town | +27 (0)83 886 8167
5. Watch a movie under the stars at one of the stunning venues at The Galileo Open Air Cinema. It runs until April, the doors open at 6pm, and the movie starts at sunset. Tickets start at R89/p to R130/p.
Various venues | Cape Town | +27(0)71 471 8728 | firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A bit of a know-it-all? Great, then you can flaunt your general knowledge at one of these pub quizzes in Cape Town. Bring your mates and enjoy a night of intellectual fun in a pub setting.
Various venues | Cape Town
7. For the pleasure seekers we have a few suggestions in our Places To Get It On in Cape Town A night out to refined Mavericks Revue Bar, with gorgeous dancers against a dark and class setting, will also give you a thrill. General admission for ladies is R50/p and R100/p for the gents, open from Monday to Saturday at 7pm to 4am.
68 Barrack Street | Cape Town| +27 (0)21 461 9988
8. Enjoy a dose of deliciously dark humour at the Cape Town Comedy Club. They have shows from Wednesday to Sunday. If you want to make an evening of it, and come for dinner. Doors open at 6pm and the show start at 8.30pm. Prices range from R95/ to R120/p.
The Pumphouse at the V&A Waterfront | V & A Waterfront | +27 (0)79 495 3989
9. Explore one of Cape Town’s many night markets such as the Bay Harbour Market in Hout Bay open from Friday to Sunday at 9am to 4pm, containing everything from artisanal food and drink to live music and vintage clothing.
Various venues | Cape Town
Dinner and dancing on Heritage Square at HQ Friday Feels.
Looking to do some other cool activities? Here’s a round-up of 47 Awesome To-Do’s That Should Be on Your Summer Bucket List or 50 things to do with kids as well as cool things to do for 20-somethings.
In the city, you might want to check out the live house DJ and rooftop sundowners on the Foreshore.
Here's how you can help save the environment and celebrate Earth Hour 2018.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!