Cape Town gets a quirky makeover from an illustrator this July
Only Memories and Diamonds are Forever
You don’t have to own lots of bling to enjoy its charms. Why not go on a diamond tour?
Go on a tour with the experts at Cape Diamonds, who will easily unlock the complexity of the stones that make the world go wild.
Situated in Green Point's Prestwich Street, Cape Diamonds offers unique and free diamond tours in Cape Town. Africa produces 55% of the world’s diamonds. South Africa is diamond country. And the opulent beauty of Cape Town is the place to explore some diamonds and diamond rings, of course. This in itself is a good reason to learn more about diamonds when in Cape Town.
A WORLD OF JEWELS – SO MANY FACETS
Master diamond cutter Joel Graham has 18 years experience in creating jewellery, a mineral that formed over 100 million years ago, 200km below the earth’s surface. He’ll have you versed in the fine art of the 4 Cs before you’re finished the diamond tour. All the essentials about the cut, carats, colour and clarity of diamonds are shared with insight.
Exploring the nature, history, and processing of diamonds reveals their deeper beauty. The fiscal value of a ring is a revelation, but understanding just how long it takes to cut a diamond is priceless.
Whether you’re more interested in the history of diamonds or how they are cut, you’ll learn something new about these precious stones. All in all, an unusual way to discover this symbol of Africa.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 30% of the flaws in top graded stones are not visible to the naked eye. You may be able to get a larger diamond for less.
- Diamonds were once weighed in relation to carob fruit. A carat is roughly equivalent to the mass of a carob seed.
- You can get a rainbow of hues in diamond. They also come in black. Red diamonds are incredibly rare.
- Plan your own jewellery and have your design turn from idea to end product within a day.
- All their diamonds are GIA certified, which means that they meet the standards of accredited independent gemological laboratories.
- The diamond tour also gives you advice on what to look for when buying diamonds.
- Diamond tours can be tailored to hen parties, conferences or to bring some sparkle to a dull day.
It’s clear that a special tour at Cape Diamonds is a cut about the rest and a good way to explore the multifaceted world of diamonds. They may be the hardest known mineral to mankind, but they are not that hard to understand in the right setting.
Read more about Cape Diamonds.
Time to tie the knot? See our guide to planning a memorable wedding in Cape Town.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!