Celebrate our unique South African spirit with live music at one of Cape Town’s most vibrant markets every Saturday
The Best Black Friday Specials In Cape Town
Experience the madness with insane Black Friday discounts of up to 80%.
Last Updated: 23 November 2016
Updates on Black Friday Specials in and around Cape Town as well as online stores around South Africa coming soon.
Get the best Black Friday specials in South Africa:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to not miss out
=== Last Year's Black Friday Offers to give you an idea on what to expect ===
Last Updated: 23 November 2016
It is that time of the year and shopping malls and major retail stores are preparing for arguably the biggest and busiest retail day of the year – Black Friday.
The term “Black Friday” originated in the United States from the old Philadelphia Police Department’s traffic squad. The officers used the term to describe the worst traffic jams which occurred annually in Center City on the Friday after thanksgiving. On that day Santa Claus took his chair into shopping malls where every little rascal would swamp the stores ready to tell him of their good deeds.
In South Africa, Black Friday means saving money big time. On Friday participating retailers offering discounts of up to 80% on specified items. The pre-Christmas sales bonanza has seen South African retailers record net sales increase above 200% over the past three years.
Last year Black Friday had one of the leading super markets drive shoppers with up specials of upto to 50%.
This year CapeTownMagazine.com will bring you the best, weird and wonderful Black Friday specials on the day.
WHAT YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE THE BLACK FRIDAY MADNESS IN 2017 BASED ON LAST YEAR
- A special onesie shop called aFreaka – 40% discounts for five days only!
- A handy retailer – Weekend sale with discounts up to 45%.
- A big tech and TV shop – Up to 50% off tech products.
- A good HiFi company – Up to 80% off tech products.
- A quality tech and TV manufacturer – Great offers, with amazing value adds from their stores.
- An auction site – Up to 70% off tech and other products.
- A special digital company – Big discounts on Apple and other tech products
- A big online retailer – Sales running the whole weekend.
- A nationwide chemist chain – Save up to 50% on a range of products.
- A quality audio company – Up to 50% off audio equipment.
- A big boom store – 25% Black Friday discount on all full priced products on 26 November.
- A nice homeware retailer – Black Five day promo, offering discounts vouchers.
- A lovely online wineshop – Big savings on wine during the Black Friday week.
- A leading online travel site – Big Black Friday savings on flights and holidays to Cape Town, Mauritius and other destinations.
- A big surfbrand in SA – Discounts on clothing and related items.
- A leading fashion retailer online – Big Discounts on clothing.
- A hotel – Book a Saturday night for only R350 per person, sharing, including breakfast.
- A top quality sunglass store chain – Discounts up to 60% and gift card of R250 on every purchase and R500 gift card if your purchase is R3000 or more.
- A good chemist chain – Deals on a range of products.
Find all specials on CapeTownMagazine.com and our social media channels on the day.
Whether you like Black Friday or not, the online specials are a great opportunity for shopaholics to buy things you need or want at a good cheap price and still have money to spare. So gear up and get ready for an insane day of shopping – but hey, who’s complaining.
Please note Queues may be longer than usual, with many shops to choose from, avoid spending most of your time in one shop by getting there as soon as the doors open.
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!