Join the fun in the Cape Winelands in aid of children with disabilities
Silvermine tented camp
Camp in this SANParks nature reserve
This luxury tented camp gives you the opportunity to stay in this beautiful nature reserve on top of Ou Kaapse Weg. The wooden walkways and structures are built from timber that has been felled in the Table Mountain National Park and has been designed to have as little impact on its surroundings as possible.
The tented camp includes one four sleeper and four two sleepers. There’s a communal kitchen and an outdoor braai area. There are hot showers in the one ablution block and toilets in the other.
Things to do
- There are some great hiking trails in this reserve
- The dam, which is just a short walk from the camp is great for swimming
- Bring your mountain bike and try out the trails
- Braai in the communal area at the campsite or next to the dam during the colder months
Good to know
- Bring your own bedding, pillows and towels
- You’ll need to bring drinking water along with you as the water comes straight from the dam
- There are electric lights so you’ll be able to read in bed at night without having to balance a torch on your shoulder
- The kitchen is fully equipped
It costs R440 per tent per night with an additional charge of R220 per adult and R110 per child if they are going to share the tent as well. This does not include the Silvermine conservation fees. SANParks offers a 20% discount off accommodation in its Cape Town region parks in May, June and July.