Sun, sand, sea and glitz – the weekend isn’t over until you’re relaxing at Shimmy Beach Club
Yoga and Surf Specials with African Soul Surfer
Ride the wave of surf and yoga camps with African Soul Surfer!
African Soul Surfer not only offers a unique backpacking experience, guided surf lessons, board and wetsuit rentals, surf camp packages and now African Soul Surfer offers the one-of-a-kind surf yoga camps!
Muizenberg offers the best tides to learn to surf, with warmer water than the Atlantic ocean, giving you the perfect conditions for the kiffest experience! Suitable for beginners to intermediate surfers, the wave-riding lessons will vary in teaching learners skill and technique by well-trained surf instructors. What could make this getaway even more fulfilling? How about an hour of guided Hatha or Vinyasa yoga after you’ve unleashed your inner Kelly Slater! Housed inside Cape Town’s first sea view yoga studio, expect to unwind, recharge and clear your chakra with gentle, mindful yoga sessions that will push your body and mind to its limit!
Surf yoga campers can choose their accommodation option which includes either sharing a dorm, that looks out onto the backdrop of the Muizenberg mountain peaks, or have a private room with sea views. African Soul Surfer’s backpacking lodge is set right on the beach so guests can expect to escape to a faraway land while staring out onto the glossy ocean.
The camps are led by global surf travellers and yogis, who will give you the surf yoga experience of a lifetime! Not looking forward to the shlep of trekking with all your baggage? No problem. African Soul Surfers will also provide all the equipment necessary, giving you one less thing to worry about as you take to the picturesque waters of Muizenberg!
Note: Additional yoga and Qigong classes (the holistic practice of co-ordinated body posture, movement and meditation).
The camps last for a chilled two, three or five days and includes wholesome daily breakfasts paired with tea and coffee, a surf lesson in the morning, yoga sessions and afternoons are kept free to surf, explore or simply relax.
BOOKING INFORMATION FOR SURF LESSONS WITH AFRICAN SOUL SURFER
Surf camps vary in cost according to packages, the amount of days booked and room types.
- The two-day budget package includes two surf lessons, two yoga classes, one breakfast, and one night’s accommodation in a shared dorm will cost you R1095.
- The two-day upgrade package includes two surf lessons, two yoga classes, one breakfast, and one night’s accommodation in a single room with a sea view will cost you R1445.
- The three-day budget package includes three surf lessons, three yoga, two breakfasts, and two night’s accommodation in a shared dorm will cost you R1795.
- The three-day upgrade includes three surf lessons, three yoga classes, two breakfasts, and two night’s accommodation in a single room with a sea view will cost you R2495.
- The five-day budget package includes five surf lessons, five yoga classes, four breakfasts, and four night’s accommodation in a shared dorm will cost you R2995.
- The five-day upgrade package which includes five surf lessons, five yoga classes, four breakfasts, and four night’s accommodation in a single room with a sea view will cost you R4395.
Keen to find out more about this kiff backpacker? Here is all you need to know about African Soul Surfers.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smart phone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in an around the Mother City!