Visit this jazzy eatery and bar on any Tuesday for a burger and beer at just R65
Sleeping Beauty on Ice at the Artscape Theatre
Russia’s champion skaters head to Cape Town to put on a spectacular rendition of this classic fairy tale
Get ready for thrills, chills and spills! The world-class athletic performers that make up the Imperial Ice Stars are pirouetting into the Mother City to put on their internationally acclaimed production of Sleeping Beauty from Thursday, 16 January to Sunday, 9 February 2014 at the Artscape theatre.
With Tchaikovsky’s magical score for a soundtrack, the classic fairy tale will be played out by the gravity-defying troupe’s 26 Olympian, European, national and world champion skaters, with breathtaking choreography. The sub-zero performers hold more than 250 competition medals between them and are known for pulling off the kind of fantastical rink feats that are usually only seen in Olympic arenas. Expect to be wowed by the high-speed leaps and throws, moved by the majestic, graceful dancing and awed by the impossible acrobatics, stilt skating and visual effects.
This season of Sleeping Beauty on Ice features professional Russian ice dancer and British television’s Dancing on Ice star Olga Sharutenko in the role of Princess Aurora for the first time, with artistic director Tony Mercer and Olympic coach Tatiana Tarasova behind the scenes to make it a truly top-notch production.
Add to that dazzling costumes and set design, plus updated choreography so complex that some of the moves are still unnamed, and you have a not-to-be-missed performance perfect for the entire family.
Tickets for Sleeping Beauty on Ice at the Artscape Theatre
Tickets for Sleeping Beauty on Ice are available online via Computicket.com, at Computicket outlets, via the Artscape’s Dial-A-Seat box office by calling +27 (0) 21 421 7695 or at the Theatre on the Bay box office. Performances take place from Tuesday to Friday at 7:30pm, and there are two shows on Saturdays at 2:30pm and 7:30pm and two shows on Sundays at 2pm and 6pm. The prices are as follows:
- Tuesday (7:30pm) and Sunday (6pm): R100p/p – R350p/p depending on seats
- Wednesday to Friday; Saturday (7:30pm) and Sunday (2pm): R125p/p – R400p/p depending on seats
Discounts for Sleeping Beauty on Ice
All discounts exclude the performance on Friday, 7 February, both shows on Saturday, 8 February and both shows on Sunday, 9 February 2014.
- Family packages are available for the Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday (2pm) shows and cost R1750 for five seats or R2100 for six seats. The discount is on the highest price bracket only.
- Tsogo Sun Club Festival, Strike it Rich and Frequent Guest members pay R295p/p for Tuesday (7:30pm) and Sunday (6pm) shows and R340p/p for all other performances (maximum of six tickets per card holder). The discount is on the highest price bracket only.
- Fanatics Club members pay R320p/p for Wednesday and Thursday performances. This discount is valid until Thursday, 6 February and is valid on the top price only (maximum of six tickets).
- Edgars Club Card members receive a 10% discount on all performances upon presentation of a valid card. There is a maximum of four tickets per cardholder.
- Senior citizens pay R150p/p on Tuesdays (7:30pm) and Sundays (6pm), as well as on Sunday, 19 and Sunday, 26 January at 2pm upon presentation of a valid ID. The discount is on the highest two price brackets only.
- Students pay R150p/p on Wednesdays and Thursdays upon presentation of valid student card. The discount is only for seats in rows O and P.
- Block bookings are available for 20 or more seats. Contact Tracy Cahill on (021) 438 3301 for more information.
Keep an eye out for more exciting performances at any one of these theatres in Cape Town.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smart-phone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!