Catch 27 of the world’s finest doodles at a free curated and interactive ...
SA Idols Auditions in Cape Town
The search for South Africa’s next singing sensation begins this March in the Mother City
Fancy yourself the next Lorde or Bruno Mars? Then clear your throat and get ready to hit those high notes; South African Idols season 10 auditions kick off in Cape Town at the GrandWest Grand Arena on Sunday, 9 March 2014.
With nine successful seasons done and dusted, the programme looks to mark its decade year in the biz by unearthing some of the nation’s most talented entertainment gems. So, if you’re keen to become Mzansi’s next singing sensation, make your way to the popular casino to show off your stuff and perform for the hard-as-nails judges to become South Africa’s sweetheart and the next Idols winner.
HOW TO ENTER THE 2014 SA IDOLS AUDITIONS IN CAPE TOWN
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then listen up, because we’ve got the lowdown on where to be and what to bring to wow the judges this year. Most importantly, auditions start some time between 8am and 9pm, and registration closes at 4pm on the day, so get there early to secure your spot in line. Also, prepare for an all-day wait.
- Take yourself and your bar-coded South African ID (no licenses will be accepted) or a certified copy of your ID to the GrandWest Grand Arena.
- Participants must be between the ages of 16 and 30 on the date of the first audition.
- Any contestants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who can sign participation forms.
- Do note that if you are affiliated with a recording company at the time of the auditions, you will not be allowed to enter.
- If you have previously auditioned for the competition, you’re welcome to try-out again. Only those who made it to a previous Top 10 Idols cannot audition again.
- Instruments will be allowed and a keyboard will be available at all the try-outs, and singers can perform any song, including their own. Do note that backing tracks will not be allowed; the competition looks for vocal ability.
Since thousands of contestants will line up to sing their hearts out for the judges, the key to standing out is choosing the right song; go for something upbeat and unconventional that will complement your voice.
TOP TIP: take along a pen, bottle of water or soothing drink to keep your vocals in top shape, and bring a book to help pass the time - auditions will most likely take all day. There’s also a chance that you may be asked to come back again in the following days.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smartphone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!