This authentically Portuguese restaurant brings the heat this winter
Dirty Dancing at the Artscape
One of the greatest love stories of stage and screen comes to the Mother City
Have the time of your life with famed rebellious lovers Baby and Johnny from Friday, 18 January until Sunday, 3 March 2013 when the eighties film-classic-turned-theatrical-production twirls its way onto The Artscape’s stage this summer in Cape Town.
Experience and relive all the magic from Jennifer Grey’s (Baby) drama-filled holiday in the Catskills as supremely talented local performer Bryony Whitfield and international hunk Gareth Bailey guide you into a world of dirty dancing. Audiences more drawn to the musical component of the movie can take solace in the fact that the engine of the show undoubtedly motors forward fuelled by the teenage romance’s anthemic songs, such as ‘Time of My Life’ and ‘Hungry Eyes’, which are sung live by a fantastic local chorus line.
Produced by Karl Sydow, Peter Toerein and Hazel Feldman and coming to Cape Town after a successful run in Johannesburg (150,000 tickets were sold), this interpretation of Eleanor Bergstein’s work has theatre gold written all over it.
Shows are Friday, Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays.
Tickets for Dirty Dancing at the Artscape
Tickets for the performances range in price from R100p/p toR400p/p, varying both based on the performance date and time and the proximity to the stage . All these tickets are available via Computicket.com, Computicket outlets, The Artscape box-office one hour prior to the show.Artscape Dial-A-Seat on +27 (0) 21 421 7695 or through Computicket’s call centre +27 (0) 861 915 8000.There are also various discounts offered such as:
- The Family Package (available only on the R400p/p price):
Also only available on Wednesdays & Thursdays shows at 8pm: R1625.00 for 5 seats or R1950.00 for 6 seats.
- Discounts are also offered for members of the following clubs : Tsogo Sun Club Festival, Strike It Rich, Frequent Guest & Players Club, Fanatics Club Members and Edgar’s Club card holders (enquire at the time of booking regarding specifics).
These discounts are only available when booking via Computicket outlets, Artscape Dial-A-Seat on +27 (0) 21 421 7695 or through Computicket’s call centre +27 (0) 861 915 8000.
- Senior citizens of 60 years or over (only on presentation of ID) can buy tickets for Tuesday shows at 8pm and Sunday shows at 6pm for R150.00p/p. However, this is only available at the Artscape box office and is subject to availability.
- Students, on presentation of valid student card, can get tickets after 2pm on the day of performance they would like to see at R150p/p for any seat; only available at the box office.
- For block bookings of 20 and more scholars, students, seniors or adults:
contact Tracy Cahill at Pieter Toerien Productions on +27 (0) 21) 438 3301 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle and check out our Pinterest boards for updates.