This Cape Town hotspot’s a whole different sort of animal
See, smell and feel Cape Town by bike
A bicycle-ride through Cape Town gives you the real experience
Driving, using sightseeing buses and walking is all very well and good, but a bicycle ride is the best way to get mobile in the Mother City. A helpful guide will even show you the best spots to see, smell and get a real feel for the city.
'Bike and Saddle’s' bicycle tours start you off with a refreshing glass of water at the five-star Cape Grace Hotel, V&A Waterfront. Owners, Gustav Erlank and guide Ben Sanders, or two other experienced guides, and a bicycle-mechanic are on the road with you and your tour group (max 10 people). Expect to be well kitted out, as everyone gets a helmet, a bicycle-bag for your belongings, a bottle of water and a suitable road, or mountain bike.
An eco-active bicycle excursion
Cycling through Cape Town is healthy, fun and, of course, eco-active. We leave the historic harbour at the V&A Waterfront behind and begin our evening cycle through Cape Town’s sights.
The Victoria & Alfred Waterfront in Cape Town (regarded as the most successful waterfront development in the world and offers residents and visitors a lifestyle and entertainment hub quite, unlike any other)
• Nobel Square
• Marina Pier, alongside the Atlantic Ocean
• Beach Road
• Lighthouse Mouille Point
• Cape Town Stadium
• Buzzing Somerset Road – the home of bars and brasseries
• De Waterkant Village in the pink heart of the city
• The colourful streets of Cape Town, with many stops en route
• Historical sights including; Company Gardens, Parliament, Tuynhuys, the official town residence of the president, the National Gallery, National History Museum and much more
• Long Street, the heart of the city's nightlife with it‘s clubs and street vendors, hustle and bustle; not to mention the iconic Victorian architecture
• The historic Malay quarter of the Bo-Kaap (home to Cape Town’s Muslim community, with its colourful houses leading up to the mountain outpost of Signal Hill, including the oldest mosque in South Africa)
• Waterfront Marina, with wonderful views across the historic harbour
The bicycle ride through the Mother City gives you fresh insights and an authentic impression. Back at the Cape Grace Hotel, champagne and gourmet snacks await you and of course, chats with your fellow riders...
The cycle only requires a moderate level of fitness and should be suitable for most shapes and sizes.
PS: Bike&Saddle also offer bicycle-tours through the Winelands, moutain bike tours and many other options. For more information: +27 (0) 21 426 2870, or visit www.bikeandsaddle.com
For an overview of our best day tours, be sure to read Cape Town's Top Ten Day Tours