Get two courses for R100 at this laidback Cape Town braai spot
Easter Vortex Trance Party
Lace up your stomping boots and prepare to celebrate 20 years of psychedelic trance with Vortex
Unshackle your inhibitions at one of the monster events on the Mother City’s trance season calendar, Easter Vortex: Parallel Universe, which is set to go down at a magical cosmos just outside of Caledon from Friday, 18 to Monday, 21 April 2014.
This year, Vortex celebrates two decades of bringing psychedelic trance parties to all star travellers, truth seekers, rainbow explorers and beings of light with a new venue at which to enjoy the stomptastic sounds. Revelers will get to party away on a river-side dance floor surrounded by ancient oak trees and can also camp on lush, green lawns at this little paradise in the scenic Overberg region.
And what about the music? Well, the weekend features a sizzling line-up of international and local psytrance producers and mix masters, including Laughing Buddha from the UK, D_Maniac from Portugal and Lost and Found from Denmark.
First-rate sound equipment and mind-blowing, trippy visuals will complete the experience, and, as always, food and drink stalls will be available on location, but party-goers can bring their own goodies as well (glass bottles are prohibited though).
LINE-UP FOR THE 2014 EASTER VORTEX: PARALLEL UNIVERSE TRANCE PARTY
- Laughing Buddha (UK)
- K.i.M (UK)
- D_Maniac (Portugal)
- Lost and Found (Denmark)
- Flooting Grooves
- Space Byrd (Portugal)
- Anestetic (Portugal)
- Broken Toy
- Commercial Hippies
- Rabdom L
- Dave Mac
- Rubix Qube
- Disco Volante
- Josh Mac
TICKETS FOR THE 2014 EASTER VORTEX: PARALLEL UNIVERSE TRANCE PARTY
Presale tickets are available online via Quicket.co.za for R380p/p or at selected outlets in Cape Town for R370p/p (including the booking fee; see below). Otherwise, they will be available at the gate at a cost of R400p/p. No individual day passes will be sold, although prices will drop on Sunday and Monday.
Gates open at 12pm on Friday, 18 April and attendees can stay until 5pm on Monday, 21 April 2014. Don’t forget to ‘Play it Forward’ and bring clothing and shoes to donate at the gate.
TICKET OUTLETS FOR THE EASTER VORTEX: PARALLEL UNIVERSE TRANCE PARTY
- CAPE TOWN: Ska |161 Long St – +27 (0) 21 426 5025
- CAPE TOWN: Ashanti Travel Centre | Hof Street – +27 (0) 21 423 8721
- KALK BAY: Ska | Main Road – +27 (0) 21 788 7437
- CLAREMONT: Ska | Cavendish Link – +27 (0) 21 671 1367
- TABLEVIEW: Ska | Bayside Mall – +27 (0) 83 954 3391
- STELLENBOSCH: Gypsy|147 Dorp Street – +27 (0) 21 886 7157
- SEA POINT: Call-A-Pizza (after 5pm) + Extra Booking Fee – +27 (0) 21 434 0818
- CANAL WALK: Wild Fire Body Piercing Clinic – +27 (0) 21 552 8929
- HOUT BAY: Ta-Da Creperie @ The Boardroom | 37 Victoria Road – +27 (0) 21 790 8132
- NOORDHOEK: Namaste | The Milking Shed, Noordhoek Farm Village – +27 (0) 21 789 1396
- SOMERSET WEST: Old Skool Tattoos | Main Road – +27 (0) 71 345 5096
- KNYSNA: Other World Tattoo | Oude Fabriek – +27 (0) 82 514 7648
ACCOMMODATION FOR THE 2014 EASTER VORTEX: PARALLEL UNIVERSE TRANCE PARTY
Camping is included in the festival ticket price, and the venue has ample room for tents. Those who prefer to rough it in style should consider reserving one of the luxurious and spacious Belle Tents. Prices range from R900 for two people for the whole weekend and these tents can be booked either by calling +27 (0) 76 880 3806 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTIONS TO THE 2014 EASTER VORTEX: PARALLEL UNIVERSE TRANCE PARTY
- Take the N2 to Caledon
- Turn right off the N2 at the second turnoff to Caledon into Hope Street
- Continue on this street, go through the town and travel for an additional 20km (from the end of town) on the R316 towards Bredasdorp
- The venue is on your right – LOOK FOR SIGNS!
Strictly NO: Under 18s, fires or glass bottles.
Don’t miss a single jol thanks to our handy overview of trance parties in Cape Town and surrounds.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and if you have a smart phone, add m.capetownmagazine.com to your home screen for quick access on the go!
Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn, check out our photos on Instagram and follow our Pinterest boards for updates on what’s happening in and around the Mother City!