See groundbreaking limited edition design work at this inaugural creative ...
Easter Vortex: Steps to The Stars
Lace up your stomping boots for a dazzling jol this Easter
Unshackle your inhibitions for an epic Easter weekend jol and the monster event on the Mother City’s trance season calendar: the 2013 Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 is set to take over the Circle of Dreams from Friday, 29 March to Monday, 1 April 2013.
Exploding in fertile Riviersonderend (only 170km east of the Cape Town), this psytrance outdoor music festival gives party-lovers the perfect opportunity to connect with nature while revelling to tricked-out bass lines and dirty, filthy beats.
Tucked away beneath majestic mountains along a never-ending river (bring the lilo), the venue also flaunts forested camping space, complete seclusion from the outside world and breathtaking panoramas.
More importantly though, smoking hot international and local DJs and psytrance acts are booked to dish out breakneck beats all weekend long. The four-day, three-night outdoor electronica opskop features one dance floor – so you don’t miss out – with trance icons, like Talamasca (France), Bim (Germany) and Creator (Belgium), dominating the decks from start to finish.
First-rate sound equipment and mind-blowing visuals will complete experience, and, as always, food and drinks stalls will be available on location; though, revelers are encouraged to bring their own ‘goodies’.
Line-up for the 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 Trance Party
- Rosa Ventura
- Magnus Corona
- Dave Mac
- Dillan M
- Killer B
- Frozen Ghost
- And special mystery guests…
Tickets for the 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 Trance Party
Pre-sale tickets are available online via 3AM.co.za at R330p/p (includes booking fee), at selected retail outlets (see below) at R370p/p (includes booking fee) or at the gate on the day at R400p/p. No individual day passes will be sold.
Festival tickets are valid for a full six day camping and party experience. Gates open at 12pm on Thursday, 28 March and campers can stay in this oasis until Tuesday, 2 April 2013.
Ticket outlets for the 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 Trance Party
- CAPE TOWN: Ska |161 Long St – +27 (0) 21 426 5025
- CAPE TOWN: Ashanti Travel Centre | Hof Street – +27 (0) 21 423 8721
- KALK BAY: Ska | Main Road – +27 (0) 21 788 7437
- OBSERVATORY: Ska | Lower Main Road – +27 (0) 21 447 6014
- CLAREMONT: Ska | Cavendish Connect – +27 (0) 21 671 1367
- TABLEVIEW: Ska | Bayside Mall – +27 (0) 83 954 3391
- STELLENBOSCH: Gypsy|147 Dorp Street – +27 (0) 021 886 7157
- DURBANVILLE: Zebra | C/O Wellington & Chenoworth – +27 (0) 21 976 2604
- SEA POINT: Call-A-Pizza (after 5pm) + Extra Booking Fee – +27 (0) 21 434 0818
- CANAL WALK: Wild Fire Body Piercing Clinic – +27 (0) 21 552 8929
- HOUT BAY: Ta-Da Coffee Bar @ The Boardroom | 37 Victoria Road – +27 (0) 21 790 8132
- NOORDHOEK: Namaste | The Milking Shed, Farm Village – +27 (0) 21 789 1396
- BIG BAY: Postnet | Eden on the Bay – +27 (0) 21 554 2755
- SOMERSET WEST: Old Skool Tattoos | Main Road – +27 (0) 71 345 5096
- HERMANUS: Funky Vibes | 145 Main Road – +27 (0) 28 312 1446
- KNYSNA: Other World Tattoo | Oude Fabriek – +27 (0) 082 514 7648
Accommodation for the 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 Trance Party
Camping is included in the festival ticket price, and the campsite boasts shaded camping areas, hot showers, flush toilets, free drinking water and a river to swim in. For those who prefer to rough it in style, consider reserving one of the luxurious and spacious Belle Tents. To book your spot in one of these deluxe pre-pitched havens – they come complete with mattresses and cover sheets - contact Philippe on +27 (0) 23 614 1622 or email@example.com.
Directions to the 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to The Stars V.04 Trance Party
- Drive down the N2 national road past Caledon to Riviersonderend.
- Travel about seven kilometres outside of Riviersonderend.
- Turn left at DR1306.
- Look out for the signs.
GPS COORDINATES: 34°08'16.27”S 19°59'43.14”E - http://goo.gl/maps/aVuW9
Rules and regulations for 2013 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.04 Trance Party
No glass bottles will be allowed; decant your drinks into plastic bottles. IDs will be requested. Illegal substances, fires, fireworks, weapons, pets and independent sound will not be permitted. Be respectful of the venue; no graffiti and no littering. Don’t drink and drive and please leave the bad attitude at home.
Organisers will not accept responsibility for any injuries, death, loss or damage of any nature to persons, vehicles or belongings and this applies to negligence of any kind by promoters, venue and contractors. The event has been made as safe and secure as possible, all rights and right of admission reserved. Tickets are non-refundable.
For more information on this foot-stomping festival, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 Easter Vortex: Steps to the Stars V.03 Trance Party Highlights
For info about more hot summer parties, check out our overview of trance parties in Cape Town and surrounds.
Use our events section for an up-to-date overview of happenings in Cape Town. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join our Google+ circle, connect with us on LinkedIn and check out our Pinterest boards for updates.